Monday, August 16, 2010

Petunia Pepper's Picture Day by Cathy Breisacher



About book (from Publisher website)
Petunia Pepper's Picture Day

ISBN: 978-1-59317-397-5

Size: 11" x 8.5"

Pages: 32 o Full Color

Hardcover

Ages: 6 and up

Poor Petunia Pepper! Every year, disaster strikes on her school picture day. Puffy hair, pumpkin-style smiles and pink eye help her take pictures that only her family could love. But this year, Petunia promises herself things are going to change. She carefully plans for the perfect picture day. But when she misses the school bus, a series of misadventures begins that leads to yet another picture day fiasco. Will Petunia's perfect picture be ruined, or will she finally take a picture everybody in her class will love?

The story also features a "Time Out for God's Word" page that parents and teachers can use to reinforce the biblical foundation of the story with children. Kids are reminded how much God loves them, just the way they are, by focusing on the following scriptures:
" For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:13-14 NIV " See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. Isaiah 49:16 NIV " Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 17:8 NIV " For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10 NIV

My review
Wonderful book!!! Both my 5 year old and 8 year old loved this book!!! Can't wait for my Petunia Pepper books! I love how the book ties in God's word at the end and gives a lesson! AWESOME book! This would make a wonderful gift as well!!!

5 out of 5 stars!!!

No comments: